To our patients:
We have all missed seeing your smiling faces during this difficult time. We hope you and your family are in good health! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your dental health, safety, and well-being.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as you have seen and experienced during your visits to our office. These office protocols are in place so that when you receive care, you feel both safe and comfortable.
Pine Glen Dental Group, Ltd. follows recommendations made by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new recommendations or guidance that may be issued.
In addition to our already robust infection control procedures, we are also excited to share with you some of the new upgrades and procedures we have implemented for both your safety and the safety of our staff:
- All team members will complete health screenings and have their temperatures taken each morning prior to seeing patients.
- Along with the already existing proper HEPA filtration on our 3 HVAC units, we recently installed on each one a UV and Ionization system. We are excited about this addition because it not only improves the air quality in the office, but more importantly the Second Wind Air Purifier system will filter out bioaerosols such as microorganisms, viruses, mold, and bacteria that standard filtration cannot. It aligns with all the CDC’s recommendations for air cleaning and purification by capturing particulates, sterilizing bioaerosols, and neutralizing odor causing contaminates. While this was not a requirement, we felt it was a great addition to provide our patients and staff with a cleaner, safer environment.
- We have installed a new dry vacuum system called RAMVAC that will help accommodate the extra suction that will be in use for decreasing aerosol production during all dental procedures.
- Our hygienists will be using a new comfortable high-volume vacuum system, called ReLeaf, during your cleaning appointments to further decrease aerosol production.
- A pre-treatment mouthwash will be given to each patient to decrease the oral microbial load. We are using Peroxyl made by Colgate, which many of you are already familiar with from your previous appointments with us.
- In addition to our normal Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) we have added knee-length gowns, approved respirators with a surgical mask over them, face shields, and surgical caps. So, we may look a little different when you see us but be assured that hiding behind all this extra PPE, we are the same friendly providers you are used to seeing and visiting with!
- New patient flow protocols will be added to help with social distancing.
- We also have added temporary plexiglass at our front desk.
- You will observe our staff doing extra cleaning and sanitizing of commonly touched surfaces throughout the workday.
Please be on the lookout for future videos featuring these new, exciting implementations!
If you have an upcoming appointment you will be receiving a confirmation email or phone call with further information and instructions regarding your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, every patient, and our staff safe in our practice.
Thank you for your trust as a loyal member of our Pine Glen Dental family.
Lori Rice, D.D.S.
Owner/CEO-Pine Glen Dental Group, Ltd.